Job purpose of Purchasing supervisor（采购主管工作目的）
To be responsible for supporting initiatives driving results measured by lower material costs, more responsive supplier performance, process and service improvements, and productivity throughout the supply chain.
Key duties/responsibilities of Purchasing supervisor:
01. Research and find productivity annually through supplier cost reduction, resource, or similar means.
02. Resolve chronic part/source delivery or quality problems.
03. Assures is trained before performing any task.
04. Uses the required clothes, personal and security protective equipment according to the requirements of its operation.
05. Manage vendor contract stocking agreements with an annual review plan to qualify renewal.
06. Assumes full accountability for cost of components and inventory of raw material.
07. Assist the Materials and Planning Supervisors in setting inventory goals for assigned product lines.
08. Responsible for supporting manufacturing operations with a sound and accurate purchasing schedules on a regular basis.
09. Work with Master Scheduler to ensure raw materials are available to meet Manufacturing’s needs.
10. Assumes leadership role in managing key, strategic relationships with our customer’s divisions purchasing groups.
11. Assumes leadership role in working with key internal company personnel in order to establish sound and effective purchasing strategies.
12. Work with Sales and Manufacturing to find new raw materials and/or alternate raw materials to meet customer needs.
13. Maintain raw material database within MRP system for accuracy of pricing and specifications.
14. Acts as lead negotiator in plant purchasing plans. Responsibility includes initiating, directing and maintaining both short and long-term schedules.
15. Maintain and follow purchasing procedures to conform to ISO standards. This includes thorough analysis of potential suppliers and annual review of existing suppliers reviewing costs, quality, delivery, and other pertinent factors.
16. Responsible for establishing and maintaining clear and effective purchasing policies and procedures.
17. Input purchase orders into appropriate MRP systems and/or approve purchase orders entered by Purchasing Agent. This includes the purchase of both items for resale and MRO items for use in operations.